These terms and conditions are for clients of Daisy Dog Training and Puppy School. Regarding our dog training classes, 1-2-1 training and behaviour consults. They are in the interest of safety, responsibility and welfare of our clients. We reserve the right to change these terms and
condition at any time and any changes will take immediate effect. It is the responsibility of clients to read and keep up dated with the latest terms and conditions.
We request all clients to complete our client information form in order to process bookings.
If there is a government lockdown in the area, all classes will be taught ONLINE.
In face to face classes, to help mitigate the spread of disease, please keep 2 metres apart, sanitise your hands when arriving, and please wear a face mask at all times.
• When time allows before the first class, we will send you confirmation of your booking. This will confirm payment, start date, and give other information pertinent to your booking.
• It is the client’s responsibility to ensure they attend on the correct date, time and place for the classes according to the tutor’s instructions.
• Booking confirms your attendance for the six-week course. Please make every effort to attend each week. If you are unable to attend, please let your tutor know as soon as possible.
Fees and Prices:
• The full course fee must be paid in advance of joining the class and private sessions by a method acceptable to your Puppy School/ Daisy Dog Training tutor. Failure to pay in a timely fashion may result in your place on the course being given to another client.
• Price advertised at time of booking applies
Training Class Attendance:
• Our courses consist of 6 weekly classes, rather than a roll-on, roll-off programme or random attendance. For optimum results, we hope that you will attend all the classes and complete the course.
• To make the most of the classes and achieve optimal results, many short daily training sessions at home are favourable to allow you and your puppy to practise the techniques and lessons prior to the next class.
• Puppies must be vaccinated. Your vet will advise when it is safe for your puppy to attend.
If you are unsure about vaccinations please consult your vet directly. This is for the safety of your puppy and therefore no exceptions can be made. It is your responsibility to have your puppy vaccinated. (NB: We do not consider homeopathic nosodes an acceptable alternative to conventional vaccines for young puppies.)
• Only puppies under the age of 20 weeks on the start date of the course will be accepted. (this does not apply to our Puppy University, or adult
• Occasionally, we may find that a class environment does not suit a puppy or owner. Full discussion concerning the best way to proceed will be undertaken and this may result in us making alternative arrangements to assist you.
• We encourage older children to attend our classes as we consider this to be in the best interest of all puppies attending. However, we cannot guarantee their presence at every class for the purposes of socialising the puppies present.
• All children must be under the supervision of a responsible adult who must agree to prevent them from disturbing the process of learning during the class. Tutors reserve the right to ask disruptive children not to attend future classes. Children under 5 years of age may attend only at the discretion of the tutor.
• Although we make every effort to allow your puppy to play with other suitable puppies in the class for short periods, we cannot guarantee the right mix of puppies on every course for this to be done safely. Consequently, puppy play may not occur in all classes.
• We make every effort to ensure safety of both clients and puppies during the classes. By making a booking, you are accepting that participating in an activity with puppies, children and adults poses a risk of injury to yourself and your puppy, and you agree to indemnify Puppy School and Daisy Dog Training for all personal injury and damage to property owned by you while attending the training classes. You also agree to make any person who accompanies you to the class aware that they are also there at their own risk.
• Missed classes cannot usually be taken by joining another group run by the tutor at the appropriate time as there may not be spare places and it is disruptive to the other group to have an unfamiliar puppy join part-way through the course.
• The Puppy School/ Daisy Dog Training method of training relies heavily on rewards with food treats. Although we will have some treats available at the class, it is important to bring with you a supply of tasty, smelly food treats that our puppy will work hard for and is used to eating (please see Reward-based Training for further information).
• Classes are for dogs wishing to progress in general training. You must not knowingly book a dog who is reactive to dogs or people onto group training. If you have any questions over class suitability for your dog please talk to us. We can advise or do an assessment prior to class.
• Positive off lead interactions can be a fantastic learning experience for dogs. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a suitable mix in each class for this to always be possible.
Training Class / Premises Rules:
• All puppies must remain on lead and kept away from contact with other puppies within the premises unless specifically instructed by the tutor.
• All instances of accident or injury must be reported to the tutor at the time they occurred.
• Well-fitted harnesses are permitted in class at the tutor’s discretion and may need to be removed during puppy play. Please bring a suitable collar so you have an alternative to the harness.
• Flexi leads are not permitted in class to avoid injury to others.
• Head collars are not permitted in class to avoid injury to the puppy’s neck and to avoid distraction during training.
• The following items are NOT PERMITTED in Puppy School/Daisy Dog Training classes under any circumstances: choker chains and/or check chains of any description; electronic training collars including citronella; any other device that causes discomfort, pain or fear to the puppy; prong or pinch collars; any equipment that the trainer deems unacceptable.
• The use of physical force and punishment-based training techniques are not permitted in Puppy School classes.
Refunds and Cancellations:
• Because we operate our classes using a very low tutor: puppy ratio, refunds may not be given for any cancellations unless the place can be filled by another client or unless at least 7 DAYS NOTICE is given. There are no exceptions. We may be able to transfer or defer your place to another course but this is at the discretion of the Puppy School tutor and dependent on the age of your puppy at the start of the next available course. Failure to notify us of a cancellation within this time frame will result in no refund.
• Failure to attend a course that you have booked a place on, but not yet paid for, will result in a request for full payment, which you agree to be liable for.
• There will be no refund for cancellations due to lack of vaccination or no vaccination card, unless we are notified 14 days in advance of the
course commencing. It is your responsibility to have your puppy fully vaccinated and health warranted.
• There will be no partial refunds for missed classes. All other cancellation and refund requests are at the discretion of the Puppy School/ Daisy
Dog Training tutor and dependent on individual circumstances.
• Bookings for 1-2-1 sessions will be confirmed via email, if given, and full payment must be taken on the first appointment.
• If purchasing a bulk session of four hours to receive discount the booking must be made prior to the first session. Sessions cannot
later be extended following the first appointment to gain discount on the first. A bulk purchase may be made at any point.
• Travel costs apply to each appointment where we travel to meet you. Personalised quote can be obtained by contacting us.
• Training can be at a village hall, which incurs a an additional hall hire fee.
• Cancellations – if you need to cancel a session we can rearrange this to a suitable time given 48 hours notice. Less than 48 hours notice to delay a session and you may still be charged for the appointment, Daisy Dog Training may consider true emergencies on a 1-2-1 basis and
reschedule without charge.
Intellectual Property Rights:
• All written, photographic and video material, website, and logo are the sole property of Daisy Training and are not to be distributed without prior, written permission. They are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights and legislation. In accessing our materials,
including our website, you agree that you are using them for your personal, non-commercial use.
• We will not take responsibility for misinterpretation of advice. Many external factors influence behaviours and we cannot guarantee our training advice will be successful without controlling all of these other factors.
• For behavioural problems a behaviour consultation is recommended to work to alter dangerous and stressful behaviours. Animal aggression can cause injury, including fatalities. Treatment for aggression is not a guarantee of success and modifying behaviour does not assure
the aggression will be successfully controlled. It is your responsibility to ensure safety of people and other animals with regards to your pet. Safety precautions will be advised and may include; limited access to people/animals, being kept on lead, wearing a muzzle and use
of gates around the home. We cannot take responsibility for behaviour of your dog outside of training sessions with us.
• We strongly recommend all dog guardians have pet insurance including third party liability cover.
• All client details are kept in confidence and not passed onto a third party for promotional use. Email addresses are used to inform clients of services and activities as well as current bookings and notes. If you would no longer like to receive emails from Daisy Dog Training please
let us know.
Illness and Injury:
• Bitches currently in heat, if actively in heat (bleeding), are not allowed to attend the training classes. It is unfair and distracting on other dogs. She will also be less likely to cope with training during this period.
• This also goes for sick or injured dogs, including dogs who have been in contact with infectious diseases including Kennel Cough and Parvovirus.
• If you are unsure if your dog should attend please talk to your vet.
• We can rearrange any 1-2-1 training but your dog may unfortunately miss classes due to this. You can still attend without your dog to maintain continuity of training.
• During training we may take photographs or videos of dogs learning and family members may be captured in these photos. These are to be used in both educational and promotional materials. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you give consent for Daisy Dog Training to use
these materials as stated above including on social media and on our website.
• We will not use photos with children in unless agreed with their parents/guardians.
Delay of session
We reserve the right to cancel training sessions (group classes, 1-2-1 training, seminars and behaviour consults) at our discretion. It is infrequent but if Daisy Dog Training need to reschedule a session, such as in an emergency or due to adverse weather conditions including extreme heat, you will
be offered a replacement date. This will be a date suitable to you for 1-2-1 training and behaviour consults. For group classes a replacement date will be discussed. Up to two replacement sessions will be offered to accommodate all clients.
• Only force-free, science based methods will be used during training.
• No aversive training methods will be allowed including, but not limited to, the use of;
– choke chains
– half chokes
– electric collars
– spray collars
– slip leads
– tightening harnesses
– head collars
– prong collars
– pet correctors.
• Therefore any other method which causes pain or fear, or any item the trainer deems inappropriate are not allowed. If you do not comply we reserve the right to stop training without refund.
• We also strongly recommend you do not use these methods away from training with us.
Dog training tools and toys
• All stock we sell conforms with our force-free ethos. We are happy to discuss how to use different training tools and toys that we sell.
• Once opened, in the interest of safety and disease control, items cannot be returned and refunded.
• No toys are indestructible and we cannot guarantee that dogs will not destroy toys. We always recommend that dogs are supervised when using toys.